Create React App companion for universal app
Create React App companion for universal app. No eject, zero config with customization, supports string and node stream API.
Create React App Universal CLI
Create React App companion for universal app. No eject, zero config with customization, supports string and node stream API
- No eject needed!
- Zero config by default and customizable
- Server-side rendering for your SEO
- Code-splitting that works universally
- The core middleware is fully unit-tested
- Works alongside
react-scripts, not as replacement
- Node >= 8.6 recommended
- npx is required
# Create new cra create-react-app myapp cd myapp # Install new cra-universal yarn add -D cra-universal # Install peer dependency yarn add @cra-express/core
Client code change
Please update your render method on
// before ReactDOM.render(...) // after ReactDOM.hydrate(...)
# Start CRA client npm start ## Start CRA server, then open http://localhost:3001 in your browser npx cra-universal start
# Change directory to your project root first, and run: npx cra-universal build # This command will build both client and server and put them into `./dist`
- First, follow the Production guide mentioned above.
- Since the bundle used Webpack Node Externals, you need to run
npm install --productionon the copied
/dist, but this time you don't need to install its
- Use process manager like PM2 to run your server, your run target is ./dist/server/bundle.js
- Create React App https://github.com/facebookincubator/create-react-app
- Thanks for https://github.com/ayroblu/ssr-create-react-app-v2 for the base!
If you like this project, please kindly support it by becoming a patron at my Patreon page. Thanks!